Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 9: 22.7 (Sat) Hakodate (函館)

The Japanese breakfast set was included in the hotel stay plan. I love that 'hot spring egg' (yes, I'm an egg lover!).

I left early for Hakodate. As a harbour city, Hakodate is famous for its fresh seafood, so the first thing I did when I reached Hakodate was to try its sashimi don (raw fish rice).

Tram is the major transportation in Hakodate but I didn't ride any in this trip. Actually, its main sightseeing spots are within walking distance, so with plenty of time I nosed around the town on foot.

Most of the architecture in Hakodate was in Western style as the town was served as a trade port with other foreign cities in the past.

Hakodate is also famous for its night view. However, as the weather was not good, I failed to see any night view up at Mt. Hakodate.

(The breakfast set offered by the hotel.)


(My tripmate and I :))



(I don't eat crabs. Yet, they are the specialty in Hakodate.)


(The 3-colour sashimi don at the Hakodate morning market)







(The buildings look cute!)


(I visited all the places of interest in just an afternoon--on foot. I even visited the graveyard for foreigners.)


(The drizzle didn't stop throughout the day. I was like having a 1000-degree shortsightedness at Mt. Hakodate and couldn't see anything further than 10m.)

I stayed at Sumitomo Inn(住友)in Hakodate. Clean, tidy and close to the JR station. The Taiwanese host is helpful.
http://www.sumitomo-inn.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home