Sunday, July 08, 2007

Day 4: 17.7 (Mon) 富良野

Sapporo International Youth Hostel is indeed a wonderful place (there are 2 youth hostels in Sapporo. Look for this one as the other one is a bit old). It's conveniently located, well-equipped, cheap, new and clean. What's more important, the bed and pillow were soft and comfortable! I had a sweet sleep that night :)

Furano and Bibaushi
I left in the very morning to catch an early train to Furano. I left my luggage at Liberty Youth Hostel at Bibaushi where I would spend two nights and then took the Lavender Express to Farm Tomita.

Liberty Youth Hostel
http://www.biei.com/liberty/index-folder/liberty01.html


(Situated just next to the train station, it looks like one of the wooden houses in Britain. A lovely place.)

Farm Tomita
I marvelled with others on the train at the breathtaking scene of Farm Tomita afar. Stripes of different flowers sparkled like a rainbow in the sun. However, the weather deteriorated rapidly. By the time I arrived at the farm, the sunlight had already been blocked by a thick blanket of clouds. I could even smell a rainstorm coming.








I had my late lunch at the food stalls there. I loved the freshly baked melon bun so much that I had finished it before I remembered to take a photo of it.

Before I could take enough photos, rain started to pelt down and didn't stop until midnight.

I wanted to visit some parks in Furano but my mood was totally ruined as I was drenched in rain. But it warmed my heart that people were nice to me.
I still remember I was waiting for the train heading back to the hostel alone at a small train stop in the late afternoon. It was raining cats and dogs and I had to hide myself in a shelter. It's really rural and I couldn't spot any human beings in sight. Suddenly, a car stopped near the train stop and a man walked out of the car toward me. I thought he wanted to offer help but I couldn't understand his Japanese. I told him I was fine and was waiting for the train to the hostel. I was not sure if he understood what I said but he said some Japanese then left.
Anyway, I took a warm bath right after I was back at the hostel and had a nice chat with others at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home