Sunday, July 08, 2007

Day 5: 18.7 (Tue) Hinode Park (日之出公園)+ Furano Twinkle Bus

Morning - Hinode Park
It had been raining hard since early morning and thus I was forced to cancel my bike trip in Biei in the morning and resorted to a sight-seeing bus (Twinkle Bus) tour. However, the Biei Twinkle Bus was fully booked that day and thus I decided to go to Hinode Park in the morning.


(The clock tower at Biei JR Station. The weather was not good then.)

It turned out that my luck wasn't so bad after all as the rain had finally taken a break to let the sun shine for a while shortly after I arrived at Kamifurano.


(A lovely house on the way to Hinode Park)

I was drenched in joy (and sweat) when I finally reached Hinode Park. Not that I didn't lose my way but Hinode was actually a more lovely place than Farm Furano. That it's less crammed and commercial made it more comfortable to nose around (ok, that bit of sunshine counted).


(See the lavender in the background? ^^)


(The love bell is the icon of Hinode Park. Some Japanese will hold their weddings here.)


(I really love the leisure environment here.)


(You could view part of the town there.)

Afternoon - Furano Twinkle Bus
Rain started to pour and my mood took a U-turn when I got to Furano. I had a quick lunch before I took the Twinkle Bus to tour around Furano. That was the first time in my life that I wished so badly I could drive.

Stop 1: Deserted House
There were a lot of interesting cottages.






Stop 2: Goro-no-ishi-no-ie



Stop 3: Furano Jam Park












Stop 4: Anpanman Shop



Stop 5: Furano Cheese Factory




(Cheese and lavender ice-cream from the ice-cream factory nearby)

Stop 6: Ninguru Terrace





Last Stop: Furano JR Station



(The train and the captain looked so nostalgic.)



(For my sister. I got these from the Anpanman Shop ^^)

I met a cute French guy on the train and that lightened my mood a bit :)

Evening - Dinner at Youth Hostel
I was so hungry that I had already wolfed down my supper before I remembered to take a photo.

Finally, the rain stopped while I was having the supper and the sky looked really nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home